The Cooroy Bowls Club opened on the 22nd of March 1948. Noosa Shire Chairman, R McAnally rolled the first bowl. The Club President Malcom Outridge designed the logo on the first bowl rolled on the green – a possum on a tree branch. This became a symbol of the club and in the 1950’s the Cooroy Primary School asked permission to use the logo for the school purposes. We are lucky enough to have the first bowl rolled on the green in 1948 displayed on our shelves. The Cooroy Bowls Club has recently changed its name to the Cooroy Community Bowl Club.
The bowling green is open for tournaments and social competitions.